Villa Collemandina has been inhabited since the Etruscan era and was the home of the Apuans until they were conquered by the Romans in 180 BC. In 1430 it passed into the hands of the Este family and remained under their control until the Italian reunification. Between 1803 and 1806 the municipality of Villa Collemandina was founded. Initially there was a castle on the hill, but it was replaced by a church with cloisters adorned with 16 sandstone columns. Inside the parish church there are two marble altars by Nicola Civitali from 1533 and a recently restored wooden triptych. Nature lovers can take walks in the Orecchiella Park or in the Pania di Corfino botanical gardens.